Our third call focuses on high quality feasibility and pilot proposals in any of the following areas (but not limited to):
- Remote blood monitoring and testing: Technologies for blood biomarker identification with high levels of accuracy and robustness in non-clinical environments, including but not limited to examples as below:
- Sensing, applied optics, biochemistry and electronic engineering, AI for a wider range of blood biomarker identification or clinical diagnostic
- Non-invasive or high-quality sample obtaining whilst minimising intrusion
- Remote or near patient blood testing or monitoring platform for multiple blood tests
- Clinical evaluation of remote blood monitoring and testing: studies to generate clinical evidence of remote blood monitoring and testing in a real world context (e.g. in different types of hospitals, GP practices, local authority or community or social care services), including but not limited to examples as below:
- Feasibility or effectiveness studies to evaluate how remote blood monitoring and testing affect patient outcomes
- Studies to evaluate clinical efficiency, burden and safety of the remote blood monitoring and testing technologies
- Patient and end user acceptability
We would like to encourage all applications demonstrate a strong element of patient and public involvement and/or end user engagement.
The key dates are as follows:
- 17th May 2023 – Call formally announced
- 1st August 2023 – Deadline for applications (to be emailed to email@example.com)
- 1st September 2023 – Successful projects announced
Please read the Guidance Document carefully before filling in the Application Form (both files can be downloaded by following these links, or from the Documents Page). The Terms and Conditions can be found in our FBTN Single Letter Agreement (Coming soon).
Please note, individual projects can request up to £50,000 funding (total spend up to £62,500 as per fEC 80%). Applicants will be awarded 80% of the full cost and the institution receiving the award is responsible for the remaining 20%. If you have any questions please contact our Network+ Coordinator Dr Samantha Kanza on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some key points about the application requirements:
- Projects are expected to last for a maximum of 12 months.
- Projects must be able to demonstrate how beneficiaries will be engaged, and how the likelihood of impacts can be increased. See the EPSRC guides for preparing an impact plan: https://epsrc.ukri.org/funding/howtoapply/preparing/impactguidance/
- Projects must be able to demonstrate reasonable prospects of continuation funding to enable sustainable development.
- Projects research is required to be at least 50% within EPSRC remit: https://epsrc.ukri.org/funding/applicationprocess/basics/remit/
- Applications must be made on the FBTN application form, and must not exceed 8 pages, using 11pt Arial Font, with no adjustments to margins. They must be accompanied by a 1 page Gantt chart style project plan.